Sunday 2 January 2011

A New Year in Peru

Happy New Year to all!

After 18 hours of travel I have arrived in Peru! I managed to make all my connections and get through immigration and customs without any intergoations or bag checks, praise the Lord! I had time to enjoy a last starbucks in Miami. only for Christine Morrow to me for a coffee in Starbucks in Lima airport. Travelling to Miami I was sitting beside a comedian heading to a weeks shows on a cruise ship and had a great chat about the differences between world religions, he had been a Budist for a time but had started reading the Bible. Chatting about what we hoped for the new year we were both resolving to read and study more.

I got into Lima about tenpm and Trevor was waiting at the airport! It was so lovely to meet the Morrows at the hotel and Lima was celebrating my arrival with an hour long fireworks display which filled the sky! It was an amazing way to mark the new year and a new adventure for me in Peru. On Saturday we returned to the airport for our flight down to Tacna and I enjoyed the sunshine and 28oC very much!

We have now arrived in Ilo and Andrew and Rebecca have been been keeping me right! We´re leaving for the campsite shortly where I will meet the rest of the mision rescate team and get settled into the campsite for the next few months. We´re also heading up to church in Ete where the team are taking sunday school and Trevor will be preaching.

Please pray
- for the team as we are finally all together
- for all those who will meet together to plan for the camps in the coming week
- for my spanish this week as i have to actually start talking in Spanish!

Thanks you for all your prayers as i have travelled, i still cant believe how smoothly everything has gone, that i havn´t lost anything and have been on time for everything! It exciting thinking what the new year will bring in Peru and I have great anticipation for how the Lord will lead. I pray that you all will look to the Lord for his leading in the year to come and seek Him in all your plans for the year. As God calls in Genesis 17

"I am God almighty, walk before me faithfullly and be blameless"

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear about the journey - and look forward to following your news over the next weeks. Pass on my saludos para todas

    ReplyDelete
  2. loooking forword to hear all about Peru.. and what God is doing in the Baptist mission Peru.. : D

    ReplyDelete